As I continue my digital marketing promotions for Wisconsin Dental Solutions (a Madison and Sun Prairie dentist office I help with at work), I am on the search for building relevant dental related backlinks and removing bad links which point to the dentist office’s website which may be harming the search rank.
Below are some tips for identifying bad links which can be removed using the Google Webmaster Tools disavow tool or by contacting the site owner (be polite) directly (you may have to do this up to three times).
- Websites or directories with no apparent niche.
- Blogs which look like spam or blogs with spammy comments.
- Websites which are totally not related to your website’s specialty.
- Websites which have no social activity.
- Websites which are just simply article directories.
- Sites which have links to suspect country codes.
How to discover bad links?