Event marketing is an integral function for many businesses. This list begins to touch on a few broad locations to submit event news from your press release. For more specific targeting, use our friend Google to locate your niche market event calendars and news channels.
First start by leveraging the power of backlinks. Come up with a set of long string keywords and integrate those naturally into your event press release content and post the event to Eventbrite.com – Eventful.com – Plancast -
Local news print websites sometimes have an event calendar you can submit to.
- In Dodgeville, Wisconsin, the local newspaper, Dodgeville Chronical has an event calendar you can submit events to.
- Submit events in Madison through the Great Madison Area Chamber of Commerce website – NBC15 Community Events Calendar and Madison.com (you’ll have to setup a user account at Madison.com)
Forums and Discussion Groups
Find the right forums for your target audience and share your event news.
Local Business or Civic Organizations
If you are a member of your Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau, find out if they have an event calendar that you or they can post to on your behalf.
Does your website have a blog? If not, it should! This is a great place to post your event content and begin loading up on social markers by sharing the event news on social media accounts.
Share your press release on PRWeb and PitchEngine.
Sharing on Social Media
Social markers (aka likes, retweets, pins and shares, etc) are one of the 3 pillars of Google SERPs. Make sure your event news is being shared by others. If you are running the whole marketing show by yourself, use a tool like SocialOomph to schedule your social marketing posts ahead of time.
Pinterest can be a great place to promote an event using these instructions:
- Create event Board
- Add event banner/logo and images as Pins
- Add event infographic (get this created on Fiverr)
- Redirect pins to event landing page
- Give calls to action in pins to influence repins
- Facebook Event
- Facebook groups
- LinkedIn groups
- YouTube and Vimeo
Other Dofollow PR8 social bookmarking sites
Just a note about social bookmarking. Google and Bing! can detect spamming when you bookmark the same site many, many times in one sitting. Stretch these out, a few each day.
- Alternatives to Press Releases for SEO professionals (mattsweeny.com)
- An Autopsy of the Press Release (ericlundbohm.com)
- 8 Steps to Writing a Great Press Release (pr2promo.wordpress.com)
- You Scratch My Back, I’ll Scratch Yours: Three tips for writing press releases (charlielimasierra.wordpress.com)