Every so often your self-hosted WordPress installation will need to be update. This is a positive step as these updates typically fix security holes and bugs etc. Here are the steps to update WordPress.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Tools > Backup.
- Under Backup Options, choose Email Backup and select Backup Now!
- Waite for backup progress to complete.
- At the top of the dashboard, select Please update now on the WordPress (yada-yada new version) is available. Please update now.
- Under An updated version of WordPress is available, click the Update Now button.
- Wait for the updated version of WordPress to auto-install and that’s It!
- You’re DONE!