This post is for the camping season. At least once a year I am repairing an air mattress. The best steps to fix a leaky air mattress are rather messy, don’t look that good but, the holes won’t leak again!
Steps to fix a leaky air mattress
- Identify the leak(s) with soapy water (which will bubble up like crazy when painted on with a small brush).
- Remove old patches and fix those also.
- Clean hole areas with rubbing alcohol to remove old grime and dirt and give the new patch a clean area to stick to.
- Cover the hole and surrounding area (like 3/4 of an inch around the hole) with “Shoe Goo” or “Marine” glue.
- Let these dry and add another layer.
- Get a 2 part epoxy and cover the glue with this.
- That’s it, it doesn’t look that great but this homemade air mattress patch will last longer than the vinyl.