I sell hops on Etsy.com for brewers, midewifery clients (for tea), for insomniacs and to a select few crafters creating wedding decorations. I work hard to promote my etsy store via other Etsy sellers, on Pinterest, Facebook and other social websites. Which works well. The hops sales are small with little volume leaving my freezer via USPS. Here are some secrets I use monthly (sometimes weekly) to promote my Etsy hops store.
What is a treasury and how to promote them?
Treasuries are a showcase featuring your item and items from 15 other shops. Picked from the millions of items being sold on Etsy, every treasury is an honor to be a part of for the featured shops.
Why would you want to promote a treasury?
When you create a treasury and add an Etsy seller’s item to a treasury, the seller gets a notification. Each seller is encouraged to interact with the items in the treasury. You can choose if or how you want to promote a treasury you are featured in. Most people choose to promote because they are promoting their own item. Promoting a treasury that you are featured in (sharing, liking and favoriting the individual items in the Etsy treasury you are featured in) is just another way to get their item seen.
How can I promote my Etsy shop?
- Favoriting the treasury
- Faving the items in the treasury
- Commenting on the treasury
- Commenting on the other items in the treasury
- Sharing the treasury to etsy teams that you belong to
- Sharing the treasury to pinterest, twitter, facebook, google+, etc.
- Other social media websites which are popular with the MILLIONS of Etsy.com users ie Etsy sellers and Etsy buyers include: Wanelo, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Facebook, GooglePlus, Weheartit, Polyvore, with shares to Tumbler and Blogger.
- The list is very long, get creative!